Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) Yoga begins on the sand where we teach the basics of paddle technique before we head out on the water together. After we paddle out, the yoga portion begins with gentle stretches in seated postures, on hands and knees, and on our backs because the more body parts that are in contact with the board and the closer we keep our body weight to the water, the more balanced we feel. The flow will incorporate standing poses to offer a bit more challenge and to improve our balance, strength and alignment. More advanced poses are at the instructor’s discretion. You will soak in the benefits of your practice in reclined postures and end in a sweet Savasana submersed in nature.
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM AGE
You must be 12 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with stand up paddleboarding is required.
- Maximum of 6 students per instructor. Spectators are definitely welcome.
- Best location for the conditions on the day in Fort Lauderdale.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Lightweight shorts and t-shirt, gym clothing, or swimsuit.
- SUP Board, Paddle and Safety Equipment
- 90 minute Yoga session with a Yoga instructor