PADI Basic Freediving Course
We combine e-learning with in person training. Our group classes are design for 4 pp at a time. So you have the opportunity to develop a close relationship with your instructor and peers while enjoying a great safe experience in the ocean.
Want to wet your feet before you dive right in? The PADI Basic Freediver course is a subset of the Freediver course and offers a great basis to start your journey, it’s a great first step in developing solid freediving skills by learning basic principles and focusing on breath hold techniques in a pool.
This course is perfect if you would like to master your skills without the pressure of open water freediving.
The PADI Basic Freediver course consists of two main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver eLearning
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet
In the PADI Basic Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, a wetsuit and weight belt specifically for freediving. You will be taught special breath hold techniques on how to maximize your time safely under the water, as well as good swimming habits, relaxation techniques and more.
Before Start Date – you will receive an online eLearning Freediving manual to complete your theory at home in your own time. All the video clips, knowledge reviews, quizzes and final exam is completed beforehand. This manual is yours to keep and to refer back to refresh your freediving knowledge at any time. Day 1 & Day 2 – Complete paperwork and review the theory with your instructor to ensure you understand the basic principles of freediving theory.
After trying on your freediving equipment, making sure all the equipment fits comfortably you will head off to the pool. In both these confined water pool sessions you’ll learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper buddy procedures. Back at the shop each day around 15h30 (varies with each course).
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM AGE
- To enroll in a PADI Basic Free diver course you must be 12 years old or older
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health
- No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required
- Younger than 12? 8 year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Skin Diver course
- Maximum 4 students per instructor
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI Freedive instructor
- PADI Freediver Touch™
- Registration with PADI International Limited
- Pool sessions
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
- Students are responsible for supplying transportation to the pool
- Snacks and drinks
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Low volume freediving mask, freediving snorkel and freediving fins
- Rubber weight belt