PADI Basic Freediving Course
We combine e-learning with in person training. Our group classes are design for 4 pp at a time. So you have the opportunity to develop a close relationship with your instructor and peers while enjoying a great safe experience in the ocean.
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying only as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. This course will help you breakthrough mental and physical barriers and allow you to reach depths you never thought you could go on one breath. Taking the PADI Freediver course with Lauderdale Divers is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming the most popular way to explore beneath the surface.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver eLearning
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases: Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver eLearning. Confined water session to learn breath hold techniques as well as practicing static and dynamic apnea. Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight free dives, proper buddy procedures and more.
Before Start Date – you will receive an online eLearning Freediver manual to complete your theory at home in your own time. All the video clips, knowledge reviews, quizzes and final exam is completed beforehand. This manual is yours to keep and to refer back to refresh your freediver knowledge at any time.
Day 1 – Complete paperwork and review the theory with your instructor to ensure you understand the basic principles of freediving theory. After trying on your freediving equipment, making sure all the equipment fits comfortably you will head off to the pool to learn the basic skills.
Day 2 – If needed you will head back to the pool to complete required skills.
Day 3 – You then head off to the open water where you will be completing dives as well as repeating skills you learnt in the pool. Back at the shop each day around 15h30 (varies with each course).
2 - 3 days (depending on experience)
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM AGE
- To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health
- No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required
- Complete the necessary paperwork and acknowledge our Terms & Conditions
- Maximum 4 students per instructor
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a PADI Freediver Certification (recognised worldwide).
- Dive to a maximum depth of 16m. Dive with a dive buddy.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI Freedive instructor
- Confined water (swimming pool) sessions
- 2 x Qualifying dives
- Digital eLearning pack (Freediver Touch – includes knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams), eTraining Dive Log
- eCard accessible via the PADI App
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
- Students are responsible for supplying their own transportation
- Snacks and drinks
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Low volume freediving mask, freediving snorkel and freediving fins
- Rubber weight belt